HomePortalGallerySearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Want to be a Nail Tech!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
teetinac

Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Want to be a Nail Tech!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi! Im new on here, and I want some feed back about what its like to be nail tech. I am currently a Dental Hygienist and I NEED a change big time. I would like to know: How easy is it to start your own business? How much money do you make when you first start out? How easy is it to get clients? How much fun is it? Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear from some body!

Tina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Want to be a Nail Tech!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 pm

How much do you love nails? How much do you love hard work? How much do you love being around all sorts of people?
Starting any new business is the same--hard, spendy & complicated. Beginners income in any business is the same--slow to start, the harder you work, the better you are, the more money you make. Building a clientele in any business is the same--slow to start, the more you advertise, the more you practice, the better you are, the more clients you have--could take a year to build a full book. Having fun at your work is the same as any other business--do you love what you do, then you will never work a day in your life!
Why do you not want to be a hygienist anymore? Because the type of day is similar--a lot of different people in your face all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teetinac

Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Want to be a Nail Tech!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks for replying! Well, I want to do something that can do on my own and not work for someone else. Dental hygiene is a good field, but its getting very political (people always wanting you to kiss their butt to get ahead) and the job market in my area is really bad. Dentists can be crazy let me tell you! I love doing things with my hands, and I love dealing with people, and I love nails! I love painting my nails and taking care of my nails. In dental hygiene taking care of your hands is very important cuz they are your livelihood. I figure doing nails is similar to dental hygiene, seeing clients all day, dealing with people and issues that go with that, but much more fun. I just want to try something different, and at this stage in my life I don't want to work under anybody, I want to have a skill that can take and do something on my own. I don't mind hard work, im just looking for something that will support me and be something I can enjoy at that the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Want to be a Nail Tech!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 pm

I say go for it....lol....I also agree with Claudia.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Serving the nail industry one student @ a time, one nail @ a time. There is no such thing as I can't! You can as long as you learn to stop second guessing yourself!

tammy2267@yahoo.com
http://www.myspace.com/joecoolsnoopyfan
http://www.tammytaylornails.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nailnetworking.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to be a Nail Tech!   

Back to top Go down

Want to be a Nail Tech!
Page 1 of 1