HomePortalGallerySearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Red Eyes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nailtechdc

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Red Eyes   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi I'm new here. I was lurking for a few days and decided to join. I have had my license for five years maybe. Everytime I start doing nails I quit because I am very slow and my application really needs work. I have started practicing again cause I want to give it another go, but I notice that my eyes are irritated all the time now. If I go a couple of days without practice my eyes are bright white again. I'm pretty sure that the people on my job think I"m using drugs or something. I try to ventilate the area as much as I can and minimize dust and fumes by discarding of materials quickly but my eyes are still bloodshot. I've even seen a eye doctor and they keep telling me its some kind of allergy. If so it's only in my eyes. I don't get anyreaction on my skin. Do you think after my body gets use to me being around the chemicals so much that i'll get use to it and not have a reaction. I always tryin to give up on the idea of doing nails, but I can't. I love it so much. . I want to own a shop one that and its' been my dreams since I was a kid. Can anything help with this? I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel agian. what about those air filter systems?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Red Eyes   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Are you filing with with an efile? Have you looked into a "vaccum" system? Is it maybe just the fumes from the monomer? Have you tried switching to gel? Maybe some of those "onion" goggles that they sell at cooking stores to keep your eyes from tearing when you slice onions.
IDK, just throwing some things out there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Air Art Girl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Red Eyes   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:38 pm

monomer fumes really mess with my eyes too. Knew I wanted to be a gel tech before I went to school.

I have used acrylic for fantasy nail art competitons but just could never use it on a daily basis.

As mentioned, getting a good ventilation system for the monomer fumes and dust will help or switching to gels to avoid fumes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toomuchfun.net
alexiaross

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Red Eyes   Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 am

hi, you must ventilate the area you work in , this is very important not only for the red eyes but as general precaution against different kinds of lunge and body health.
some girls in this industry are exposed to serious risks due to poor ventilation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Eyes   

Back to top Go down

Red Eyes
Page 1 of 1