HomePortalGallerySearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Reverse method...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sisternoodlenails

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Reverse method...   Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:47 pm

So, I have been an avid Tammy Taylor product user for years. I am a HUGE fan, but for those of you that share the same passion, know that TT only teaches the TT way and discourages any deviation. I happenned across a demo of Young Nails, where the technician used the "Reverse Method" and I tought that was pretty cool. I also recalled where I saw on this forum that a couple of professionals recommend using TT powders with YN monomer. I do have the rarest of clients that does have a problem with lifting, cracking, braking, (and I do stay away from cuticle and educate all clients on proper maintenance.)

So, what are your thoughts on reverse method? And- What are your thoughts on mixing it up with the TT and YN for the hard on nails client?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Reverse method...   Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I do use the reverse method for application and fills and my smile lines have never been better. But I don't use TT or YN--so I can't help you there. And I am a gel only sculptor--no tips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Reverse method...   Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:56 am

Tammy teaches things a certain way for a reason. When doing reverse (which you can with TT) sometimes as a beginner of the way that method is taught you do not create a strong nail and it breaks where the pink meets the white. Tammy teaches her way so you run less of a risk having that issue.

As far as the mixing of the products go, neither Young Nails nor Tammy will support that. You are on your own with that should you choose to go that route. I know a lot of techs that do mix the two and have no problems at all.

I would recommend trying (if you have not already) the xtra liquid.

Serving the nail industry one student @ a time, one nail @ a time. There is no such thing as I can't! You can as long as you learn to stop second guessing yourself!

tammy2267@yahoo.com
http://www.myspace.com/joecoolsnoopyfan
http://www.tammytaylornails.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nailnetworking.niceboard.net
sisternoodlenails

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Reverse method...   Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks bunches, ladies! I really appreciate your input. After alot of thought, I think you are right, Tammy. And, really, athough the reverse method looks neat, why mess with a good thing??? I am already used to doing nails the TT way and it has worked great for me so far. The rare client that I have I suspect is a nail biter, or at the very least, a cuticle biter, causing her nails to lift. I will just have to keep encouraging her to have a maintenance routine (oil at least) when she gets the urge to bite/chew on her cuticles. BTW, I LOVE the new TT gels! And-I do have perfect smile lines with the gel by using reverse method, as well! My clientele is almost all acrylic, though, and they are all happy with the current way I do their nails, even the incessant biter! LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse method...   

Back to top Go down

Reverse method...
Page 1 of 1