Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 pm

I am copying this from another forum because I STRONGLY feel that we as professionals need to register our protests against this type of misinformation. So please go to this site and register your protest for the good of our industry!

We have been discussing this on the mailing list but some of you might not have seen this yet. Last Friday on the Dr. Oz show there was a segment covering acrylic nails and the damage they do to your natural nails. There was also a visual demonstration of what happens to styrofoam when it is placed in acetone (since when were nails made out of styrofoam??)

You can view the clip for yourself here:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/how-manicures-affect-your-health

I asked Doug Schoon if he would contact the show and he wrote to them today, but he thinks it would be better if we all voiced our professional opinions ourselves and he asked me to post this here on BT. Perhaps then they will feel obliged to correct some of their erroneous information.

If you feel Dr. Oz needs to be educated, you can click on the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the show's web page and submit your comments. Tell them to contact Doug Schoon to get the facts.

T.E.N. Tuff Enuff Nails Certified Educator
www.tuffenuffnails.com

CND Grand Master
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlburkhardt

Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Dear Laura,

We are tweeking a response from our Education Director today. I'm going to post it everywhere and send it to Dr. Oz (and I think Oprah too!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm

I sent mine as a 'show idea' to Oprah's website. LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlburkhardt

Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

Here is our response. Sending to show & Oprah too.

http://bit.ly/873NsL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Awesome! They need to be inundated with this letter with each technicians name on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlburkhardt

Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 pm

I also sent a Press Release to over 60 trade publications to draw attention to it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!   

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oz this past Friday - Mass Protest!
Page 1 of 1