HomePortalGallerySearchLog inRegister

Share | 

My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kontradiction

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question   Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm

[b]

Hi all,

Hope you are enjoying your December. Since I am close to Graduating "Nail School", I spend some of my time each Week in Student Salon.

I get to do at least 3-6 Manicures each time I'm in there, and I've found myself veering away from cuticle nipping and encouraging my Clients to really take care of their hands. Any skin that I nip is only a hangnail or obviously "dead" (white, hanging off). I encourage my Clients to use gloves when cleaning/etc. and to soak their hands in a bath, then put on lotion. I also have many Clients interested in getting Hot Oil Manicures and I don't nip the "harder" skin on the nail fold even though many of my Clients have asked fore that, explaining that nipping will only make the problem worse.

I do gently push back the cuticles, but not so much, really focusing on getting the dead skin cells off the nail plate only, and have found that every Client's hands look so soft and well cared-for when I am done...so I wanted to ask, am I heading in the right direction?

Will my Clients have overall healthier hands if I don't nip their cuticles like so many Techs out there do..or does cuticle nipping help produce softer, better condition hands?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question   Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 pm

You are doing right by your clients. Keep them on the regular mani's, cuticle oil and pushing back their cuticles (eponychium) gently when they apply the oil and NEVER nip live tissue! It really does make it worse--the skin feels the need to protect itself and sends more tissue there resulting in a build up of hard skin (callous) that can only be gotten rid of by PROPER care. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kontradiction

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question   Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am

Yay..thank you! I had a feeling I was doing the right thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:06 am

what Claudia said....lol

Serving the nail industry one student @ a time, one nail @ a time. There is no such thing as I can't! You can as long as you learn to stop second guessing yourself!

tammy2267@yahoo.com
http://www.myspace.com/joecoolsnoopyfan
http://www.tammytaylornails.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nailnetworking.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question   

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on Cuticle Cutting, A Question
Page 1 of 1